Involved and Giving Residents
Heritage Springs and it’s many outstanding individuals and groups donate facilities, time and monies to charitable activities, the area high school, civic events and other worthwhile opportunities.
Our community values help support our giving and outreach activities:
- Respect - giving due respect to ourselves, to our neighbors and to our environment
- Recognition – of those who serve and contribute
- Community Service – participation in our internal and external community affairs and issues
- Involvement – in Heritage Springs clubs and social activities
- Volunteering – one’s time and talents to worthy causes and endeavors
- Charitable Giving – of time, goods, or money to those in need
- Support – for each other in times of illness or misfortune
- Stewardship – taking good care of our community’s physical and monetary assets
Examples of our Community and Civic Involvement include:
- Pasco County Special Olympics - This year the Heritage Springs Social Committee presented a $25,500 check to Pasco County Special Olympics. This sum was raised at this year's "Night at the Races." Since its inaugural in 2000 this annual event has raised a total of $218,798 - second only to the Pasco School District.
- Heritage Springs Ladies Golf Association Holiday Charity Event for the Salvation Army’s Domestic Violence Shelter.
- Heritage Springs TI-AMO Fashion Show for the Make a Wish Foundation, J.W. Mitchell High School Scholarship Program, West Pasco Soccer League, Pasco Special Olympics and the Hospice Children’s Bereavement Program.
- Heritage Springs Charity Quilters raffle for the Salvation Army’s Domestic Violence Shelter
- Heritage Springs Community Association golf course availability to the Mitchell High School Girls Golf Team and to the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) Girls High School District Golf Tournament.
- Heritage Springs Community Association Performing Arts Center for use as as a Pasco County Polling place.
- Heritage Springs Singers Veterans’ Day Ceremony.
- Other Resident supported events include:
- Alzheimer’s Family Organization Annual Garden Fashion Show
- Love Your Neighborhood Connect (LYNC) Fashion Show and Lunch
- Arthritis Research Institute of America (ARIA) Walk-a-thon
- Rally for the Cure Golf Outing and Lunch